Saturday, August 23, 2014

Purple Anniversary

HI!  I hope everyone is doing well.  Where has the summer gone already!  It is time for everyone to go back to school, including me, the teacher!  I usually have mixed feelings about going back.  Joy in seeing how much the kids have changed mentally and dread of not having freedom to just pick up and go whenever I want like I do during the summer months.  But I look forward to the challenge and the excitement of the new year.  I even get a bit teary eyed on the first day.  Anyways, I pray that God will keep everyone safe this year in their schools, including us that homeschool. 
Onto the card!  I made this one for my sister and her hubby and their anniversary.  I know my sister loves purple and flowers.  Keeping it simple and as flat as possible so that it could be mailed without extra postage.  That is really hard for me to do.  I love the layers and the many embellishments.  And sometimes making cards more simple is more elegant too.

I used:
White Cardstock
DCWV Bouquet De Fleur Stack for the purple
Darice Embossing folder: Large Petals
Daisy flower punches with tips trimmed off and edged in purple ink
Grey Satin Ribbon
Ranger Liquid Pearls:  Silver Pearl
Stamped Sentiment from Hobby Lobby with Staz On Jet Black Ink

Thank You so much for stopping in!
I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment